Monday, December 6, 2010

Meet the PPVA's Momma

Cathy and her friends at the Perry Point Veteran's Administration Hospital rescued this sweet lady from the feral colony on their grounds. They think she's got the makings of a fine lap kitteh and she is good with other critters!
Cathy tells us:
Momma is a young, female cat. We aren’t sure how old she is, but appears to be between 1-2 years. She has all of her shots and has been spayed. Momma is a light, tiger striped tabby with a white puff on the tip of her tail. She is the mother of a litter of 4, all of whom were rescued from Perry Point in Cecil County after living under some sheds and in the woods behind some houses. She is still quite shy, but is not at all aggressive and is so soft and chubby. If someone has room in their home and some patience, I think Momma will end up being the best house cat ever. If I had more time to give her, I know she would be a great cat; she is calm, enjoys sleeping up on the bed and gets along with other cats, even the difficult one in the house.
How about it gang? You know someone to pass the news to, don't you? This little momma needs a family of her own!


The Real Reason Sophie Loves the New Furniture Revealed

These are crummy, low light pics, taken the day I got the new furniture - hadn't even steamed the wrinkles out of the slipcovers yet. Pay no attention to the junk on the floor, just Sophie's expression. This is a daily ritual in our house... the great huntress lurking in brush... errr... upholstery!




Sadly, I still don't think she gets that we can see her when her head is out... she's oblivious sometimes!

Oh, and for the questions on the steamer: I borrowed it from my neighbor, Rox. She's had it for years. It's the "My Little Steamer Go Mini" and it worked quite well.

25 comments:

  1. Sending warm wishes that sweet tabby kitty finds a loving home!

    Question: Does Sophie dust the hardwood floors while she is under the furniture? Banjo is too big to fit under our bed anymore and our floors haven't had a good dusting for ages!! I was wondering if she was available for Wednesday morning cleanings. ;)

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tabby kitten is adorable. We hope she finds a lovely forever home. Someone is gonna be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma is totally adorable and I sure hope she finds the purrfect home soon! And my, that Sophie, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma is adorable, and we are purraying that she will find a loving home where she will be totally happy.

    Sophie is so adorable also.

    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cutie Momma is - we hope she finds a wonderful forever home very soon! And we understand about the hiding and not realizng you can be seen thing - our cats are the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie, you are so silly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOL, Sophie, you reminds me of BA! She likes to hunt too.

    Momma is a beautyful girl, if we hadded any room for anuvver we would takes her. As it is, we is sending out purrs and positive energies for her to finds a home in time for Catmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww hello there Sophie popping your sweet head from out of the upholstery! Awww!!

    Me and Charlie really and truly hope and pray that gorgeous and cute Momma cat and her kitties will find loving forever homes asap!! She's so adorable!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momma is so pretty! We are purring and praying for her to find a forever home real soon.

    Sophie ... thank you for making us smile, cute girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophie is TOTALLY on the hunt! The look on her face in those photos is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sophie is so cute! i bet nephthys would like a nice slipcover to play under.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's beautiful, Lisa. And you know we wouldn't even notice the wrinkles if you hadn't pointed them out. ; )

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings at Christmas to yoo ALL ~ may you have friends at your fire, blessings in your home, and joy in your heart. Merry Christmas dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Holidays, Lisa! I hope all is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year from all of us to all of you. Thank you for being our friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year!!
    We wish you a joyful life
    full of healthy, happiness and pleasure :)

    Hugs Love Anya

    Kareltje =^.^=

    Betsie =(^.^)=

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Lisa,
    I hope you and the kitties are well! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet tabby kitten! Momma is cute too! I hope she could find her new home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lisa, hope you are alright and the new year is off to a quieter start...
    I will be posting soon about a stray cat my neighbor brought me (she knows I'm a soft touch for cats) - I'm going to take her to the vet and get some basics done for her, but I don't want to keep her long because it riles up my permanent residents... Let me know if you can suggest a foster home for her among your acquaintance, and I'll post more when I know more about her health!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Just stopping in to say hello. Hope you guys are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lisa,

    Hope the lack of updates is due to innocuous reasons... let us all know!

    ReplyDelete
  22. O Ms. Space Paws, I hope you & all your feline friends are doing ok. We are missing your blog in Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you and all the kitties are doing okay! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been wondering if everything's okay, Lisa. I hope it is, and that we hear from you soon. Hugs from California.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you everybody! We'll be back soon. It's just been a rough winter.

    I miss everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin