Space Paws has formed a pack to walk, on April 17th, to raise funds for the MD SPCA!! Frankie's mom, Judy, is our pack leader and came up with this great idea (Frankie, aka Emmett, was from Bitty's Brood).
We know discretionary green papers are often slim these days and there are many worthy causes. Any amount you might be able to contribute... whether it be $5 or $500 would be so very much appreciated. For us, this is as much about showing community concern for the welfare of critters as it is about the amount raised!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
As a little fun for our readers, we stole an idea straight from such illustrious folk as the IBKC and Love & Hisses! We figure we're not above hawking naming rights for a good cause either!
Anyone who contributes to the walk, in any amount, gets a chance to name one of our new foster family! It will be a random drawing and we'll announce the winners the day after the walk!
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER "NAME THOSE BABIES!"
- Make a donation, of any amount, to the MD SPCA 2011 March for the Animals for the Space Paws Pack.
- You MUST list a name YOU will recognize on the honor roll when you donate. It does not need to be your real name (but it can be, if you wish!). For instance, I could donate as HubbleSpacePaws.
- We'll draw randomly from all the contributors and, when we announce the winners, we'll invite you to email us.
- You do NOT need to show the amount of your contribution.
- There are four chances to win - one for each of the babies.
- Who gets to name which baby? We'll ask the winners to submit name suggestions for each of the babies and we'll choose from among them. (Hey, we get to have some fun, too!)
First disclaimer, to protect the Institute: Neither Space Paws, the Space Paws Pack, nor this raffle are sponsored by STScI or AURA, Inc. These projects are solely staff initiatives.
Second disclaimer: This raffle is intended to be low-key and just for fun and, as such, Space Paws reserves all rights regarding decisions in administering it.