Monday, April 18, 2011

And the Winners Are...


Congratulations, ladies! You are the lucky four who will get to name our babies!! Please email me, at your earliest convenience, with suggestions for names for any or all of the babies. You can assign a name specifically to a baby (ie, "Big Girl - Bertha") or throw out a name in general. We'll select from among them with, of course, one name from each of you being chosen. The email address is HubbleSpacePaws at gmail dot com.

Tonight's photos did not turn out well* because... the babies are loose! Yes, they escaped the confines of the box at 3 weeks and 1 day old and are having a ball walking and wrassling on the rug under the bed (which I can conveniently pull out to weigh them!). The rug is keeping them plenty warm (I checked) and, even when I removed one side of the box, they have zero interest in staying in it. "We iz BIG kittehs, nao!" they say! And they are! Both Big Boy and Big Girl cracked the one pound mark today! Mama seems very comfy with the new location and appears to be keeping a maternal eye peeled from some of the blocking I saw.

* Now, ask me if I could have photographed them when they were out for weigh in? Yes, I could have. Did I? No, I did not. Where did I try to photograph them? Why, in the dim recesses under the bed, of course! LOL!

Tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on how long it takes the winners to get back to me, we'll announce the babies new names!

So, once again, on behalf of the Space Paws walkers, thank you all so much for helping to raise money and awareness for the MD SPCA. It is truly appreciated!!!

9 comments:

  1. Yay Space Paw Walkers! Good job. And yay to the kittehs for thriving so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray to the winners! I look forward to the kitty names! :)

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to the winners!! Well done you fab Space Paw Walkers!!

    Yay!!!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners! I'm excited to see the names they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just gobsmacked to have won. I have e mailed names so surprise me.

    LOL..with all of the contests that I have ever entered on line, this is the very first one that I have ever won !

    Hugs and Headbutts to all.


    Waving insanely from Houston

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Space Paws walkers :) Wish we lived closer so we could join in the walk...from the smiles on everyone's faces, it looks like it was a fun day out for both humans and woofies :)

    Yay for the opportunity to name babies! My boys tried to pitch in and help with names but their suggestions weren't very useful...Bailey Bear thought Bailey Bear is a wonderful name for a kitty, Mishka thought Mishka would be a great name, and Gambino, well, he just kind of grunted and went back to sleep when I asked him...I emailed you some of my suggestions and sending hugs and purrs from California to all the Space Paws team :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go winners!!! Now, we're all waiting to see the names!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exciting, I've never had a chance to name a real live animal!
    While I myself don't seemed to be bothered, I've always lived with people who are allergic to all things furry or feathery, so the only things I've named are the plush toys I got during my childhood.

    I've sent off my first three suggestions; they are kind of special, so if they seem too complicated, I can come up with something else. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I can't wait to hear the new names!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin