I kept waiting for a time when I thought I could definitely keep up semi regular blogging to come back. *sigh* I can't promise that yet, but I do want you to know what's transpired and that I do miss you very much. I have to try to keep some balance in my life right now and once I get online and go visiting, balance goes out the window! Heck, even reading Space Paws email would throw me into major guilt.
Good news is I've been able to divest of one large outside commitment (doing the books for a friend's business) and am working to divest of another (being my church's treasurer) by February. Between those, my real job, family and caring for the kittens, there haven't been enough hours in the day.
So enough about my guilt. Here's a short catch up (more details on everyone later):
- Ace came and went and you never even met him. Like Gus, Ace had a broken leg that we patched up and he's comfy in his furever home with two furblings.
- A couple of local cats, Sparky and Buick passed through our doors. Sadly, some of my neighbors have fallen on hard times and we took care of vet needs before they were returned to their loving families.
- Opie has a new home and a new name - Homer! Yay! Best, I've stayed in contact with his new dad.
- Mama Lucy is slooooooowly making progress. A little more friendly each week. Yay!
- Buddy looks like he will be a permanent resident. Between his FIV and his chronic skin alergies (yep, poor guy is an itchy mess), he's not likely to be adoptable.
- Trudy and Lawrence are still with me. Their dad is unable to take them back, although he would very much like to, and I think they'll stay with me for now. They are now both plump pushkins.
- Bitty, Peggy Sue and Sophie are all hale and hearty! Yay!
- Justice, sadly, was diagnosed with both kidney and liver problems and passed away 2 weeks ago.
- My Annie has had some serious health problems - kidney related. She's hanging in there.
And now a sneak peek at tomorrow's post...
And, nope, that's not Sophie!
And I'll work on cleaning up our sidebars this week, too.
I know we've lost readers because of our lack of posting. I apologize to them and to you.