Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blessing of the Pets

Sunday was Earth Day and that signals my congregation's annual Blessing of the Pets.  We hold the service outside in the courtyard or in our social hall, if it looks like rain (for easy clean up - just in case).  And guess who went?  Trudy and Lawrence!

From their perch on the stage, they got a bird's eye view of communion distribution and, of course, all the other pets at the service.  That's their new mom, Sarah, serving as communion assistant, behind Pastor Margaret. (It cracks me up - no one ever sits in the first row in church, whether service is in the sanctuary or in the social hall!! Even me - I was in the second row.)


I wasn't really thinking about pics during service and only got a few.  Here are some of the four-legged friends who came:

                                    

 
This is Buddy and Deacon Lynn, after the service.  Buddy has spent time with us at the Casa when Lynn has had to be away from home. (While the residents of the Casa tend to be feline, we love us some googies, too!)

Music ministers Uriah, Luke, Paul and Josef can really get the joint jumping and I was kind of surprised that all the critters seemed quite cool with it!
In the past, Grey, Bitty, Annie and Peggy Sue have come to the Blessing of the Pets.  I knew Trudy and Lawrence would be there, so I figured the Casa was well represented!  :-D  The blessing is a lovely way to celebrate Earth Day, I think!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! and a great way to see old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My human has always wanted to bring us cats to one of these Blessings, but she worries that we would not handle it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lovely way to celebrate!!

    I can't believe how much T&L have grown. I'm glad they're in a great home and thriving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks like a good time was had by all. It is always so nice when they do Blessing of the Pets..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful! We, too, think the blessing of the pets is a wonderful way to help celebrate Earth Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely way to celebrate Earth Day!!

    Blessings to all the animals out there!

    Thank you so much for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin